Marat Safin hitting the back of the ball
There are five basic positions you can place the racket face on the
When you hear players talking about hitting with an open racket face or a closed
racket face this is referring to hitting toward the bottom or the top of the
ball. Open racket face is the bottom of the ball and closed racket face is the
top of the ball.
- As pictured above you can hit the back of the ball.
- If Marat would place the racket face on the printing on the ball that is
partially showing he would be hitting the outside of the ball. This would
produce an angled volley to his right.
- The opposite side of the ball, the side that is closest to Marat would be
the inside of the ball. If he were to place the racket
on that side of the
ball it would come in our direction!
- The top of the ball is the part that is facing the sky.
- And the bottom of the ball is facing the tennis court.
P.S. So much for keeping your eye on the ball right into the
strings! No extra charge for that comment! :)
I hope this helped.
|My Wimbledon Radio Interview
( 7 minutes )
The Ultimate Tennis Warrior Package Including T-Shirt
© 1999 - 2013 Tom Veneziano
Website and Shopping Cart Design by: Bret Essing
Website Hosting by: www.OnlineQuick.com
All Rights Reserved